Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, industry, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide should these be required by any interaction with us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use HowayGIS products, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
· Log information – information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
· Device information – the computer or device you use to access our services, including the hardware model, and operating system and version.
· Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies – various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps us to improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and to track count visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
In order to provide you with access to the service, or to provide you with a better service in general, we may combine information obtained from other sources (for example, a third-party developer whose application you have authorized), and combine that with information we collect through our services.
Use of Information
We do not use your information for serving up ads.
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our services.
· Provide services you request, process transactions and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices.
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
· Communicate with you about HowayGIS related news and information.
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services.
· Personalize and improve our services.
By accessing and using our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information in and to Australia, the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
Remember, we do not share your information with advertisers.
We may share personal information about you as follows:
· With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf (e.g., our payment processors who handle any payment portion or subscriptions);
· If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
· To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service; and to protect HowayGIS products, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
· In connection with any merger, sale of our assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Third Party Analytics
HowayGIS products take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, however if you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from HowayGIS products by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.